Introduction to the OFW dependent scholarship program (ODSP)
Education wields significant influence, empowering individuals to shape their destinies and contribute positively to society. The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is devoted to the welfare of Filipino workers and their families in foreign countries.
Proudly announcing the OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (ODSP) for 2023, OWWA operates under the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) umbrella.
It is a dedicated organization ensuring the well-being of overseas Filipino workers and their families. Initially known as the Welfare and Training Fund for Overseas Workers, it was established in 1977.
With a presence in 31 locations across 27 countries, where numerous OFWs are employed, OWWA also maintains offices in all seventeen regions of the Philippines.
Together, let us join forces to bestow a brighter future upon our nation by wholeheartedly supporting the education of OFWs’ families.
Notice: This website only shares scholarship information and is not involved in awarding scholarships or application processes. It's not connected to any scholarship provider; you don't have to pay anything to see scholarship details or apply here. >Read full
Friendly Advice by the Philippine Scholar Editorial Team
If you’re considering applying for the OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (ODSP), that’s fantastic news! It’s a beautiful opportunity that can positively impact your future. Here are some friendly tips to help you with the application process:
- Start Early: Gather all the necessary documents and information before the last minute. Begin preparing well in advance to avoid any unnecessary stress.
- Read the Requirements Thoroughly: Carefully review all the eligibility criteria and requirements. Understanding what is needed will help you submit a complete and accurate application.
- Seek Assistance if Needed: If you have any doubts or questions about the application process, don’t hesitate to ask for help. Reach out to the appropriate authorities or support personnel who can guide you.
- Be Genuine and Honest: When filling out the application, truthfully provide your details and information. Honesty is key, and it will reflect positively on your application.
- Highlight Your Achievements: If you have any notable achievements, academic or otherwise, be sure to mention them. Scholarship programs often value applicants who have demonstrated excellence in various fields.
- Write a Compelling Personal Statement: Take the time to write a heartfelt personal statement. Share your aspirations, goals, and how this scholarship can make a difference.
- Stay Organized: Keep all your documents and papers organized and readily accessible. It will help you submit the necessary paperwork promptly.
- Proofread Your Application: double-check your application for errors or omissions before submitting. A well-presented application shows your dedication and attention to detail.
- Don’t Get Discouraged: Keep hope if you face challenges during the application process. Stay positive and persistent, and remember that every effort counts.
- Submit On Time: Be mindful of the deadline and submit your application before it closes. Late submissions might not be considered, so take advantage of the opportunity.
Remember, this scholarship could be the stepping stone to a brighter future. Take the chance, put your best foot forward, and believe in yourself. Good luck with your application! You’ve got this!
2023 OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (ODSP)
Benefits of the 2023 OFW dependent scholarship program (ODSP)
- A scholarship program that offers financial assistance amounting to Php 20,000.00 per school year to qualified dependents of OFWs who receive a monthly salary of not more than US $600.00
Qualifications for the 2023 OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (ODSP)
A child of an active OWWA member or a sibling of a single active OWWA member who is:
- Incoming Freshmen (1st year college)
- Grade 11 graduate (Incoming Grade 12 / currently enrolled as Grade 12)
- Not more than 21 years old
- With a passing grade
- For those who are already enrolled in 2nd year to 5th year in college
- Not more than 30 years old
- With a passing grade
Note: Applicant is not a recipient of any OWWA or other scholarship grant
Requirements for the 2023 OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (ODSP)
|Checklist of Requirements||Where to Secure|
|Scholarship Application Form||OWWA RWO|
|OFW Membership Record||OWWA RWO|
|2 pcs. I.D. Picture with name tagGovernment Issued or Company Issued I.D||Applicant|
|At least one (1) valid I.D. of OFW member and/or Authorized Representative||Government Issued or Company Issued I.D|
|Proof of Relationship to OFW Member i.e. Birth Certificate from PSA or LCROFW Birth Certificate, if dependent is sibling OFW CENOMAR, if singleDependent’s Birth Certificate||Philippine Statistics Authority or|
Local Civil Registrar
|Dependent’s Form 137/ Certified true copy of Form 138/ Transcript of Records (TOR) indicating 80% GWA without failing grades||School Registrar|
|Other Special Requirements (WAIVED DUE TO PANDEMIC):Certificate of Good MoralMedical Certificate i.e. Physically Fit to attend school if student has a medical pre-condition/s||School Registrar or Authorized School Officer/FacultyAny competent Medical Practitioner from public or private medical institution/facility|
How to apply for the 2023 OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (ODSP)
- Visit the OWWA Regional Welfare Office that covers the permanent address of the OFW.
- Get queuing number or queue in the line for ODSP scholarship application
- Obtain Notice of Award and Schedule of Scholarship Orientation
- Attend Scholarship Orientation and Facilitate Notarization of Scholarship Agreement
Note: Please remember that our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We do not directly associate with the organizations mentioned in the articles.
Keep Up to Date and Grow Your Potential – Join Our Community for Free Now! Discover Opportunities for Learning, Career Development, and Working Together. Join here: https://expertist.ph/
Note: Please remember that our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We do not directly associate with the organizations mentioned in the articles. To prove the credibility of the information, At the end of each article, there are sources for you to verify the legitimacy of the content independently. >>Read full