The Bangsamoro Government through the Ministry of Basic, Higher, and Technical Education (MBHTE) is accepting applications for the AHME Scholarship Program.
Guided by moral governance and in pursuit of genuine and meaningful autonomy, the Bangsamoro Government ensures the necessary conditions for enduring peace and sustained socio-economic development suitable to the systems of life, needs, and aspirations of its people by providing services to communities, ensuring multi-stakeholder participation, and facilitating appropriate partnerships.
The AHME Scholarship Program also known as the “Bangsamoro IQ Scholar” is a flagship scholarship program of the Bangsamoro Government implemented by MBHTE. AHME stands for Access to Higher and Modern Education.
It is a program that supplements existing higher education scholarships, subsidies, loans, and similar programs for qualified SHS and ALS graduates in the region and provides SPECIAL ELIGIBILITY to qualified combatants, their children, orphans, or surviving spouses in accordance with the Bangsamoro Government’s post-conflict rehabilitation and development efforts.
Everyone is given the chance to choose, to give up or continue their studies. They are many who choose to give up their chances because they are contented with what they have, they didn’t think of what they could possibly be. An impulsive decision can destroy the path to a successful career in the future.
There are instances when you think to put an end to your studies, stay at home, and help your family do chores every day. Life must be simple, no assignments to think about, no quizzes to study, no report to prepare, and no presentation to make. Everything is okay not until you are reminded of what is your purpose in studying, why are you trying so hard to finish your studies, and who is that person who truly inspires you to keep on going.
Success requires hard work; it is when you are able to do whatever you want, which is, what you desire. Is it providing financial assistance to your family, purchasing your own car, or building your own house?
if you want such success then start moving, and working for your future. It’s hard but you can do it.
Nothing is impossible if you continue to believe in yourself, have faith in god, and make your parents your driving force to keep on going even though it’s hard.
It may surprise you to learn just how convenient the offers are in this scholarship. There are many who want to try, and there is simply no reason why you shouldn’t strive to get what you deserve. If you don’t apply for it, other people are going to. Why should you continue to struggle with the cost of going to college when you don’t have to? Wouldn’t it be nice to also focus on your studies?
if you think you are meant for this scholarship, that it is tailored to suit your needs as a student and therefore greatly benefits you, then applying for this scholarship is the right choice.
You are now being introduced to an amazing opportunity that you can’t possibly say NO to. A gateway to your bright future with a hardworking mindset, a solid faith in god, and strong courage to live through the stress of everyday life and the patience to reach your goals, your dreams are now within your reach. You can explore and enhance your talents in the field of your liking. You gain knowledge and real-world experience, exposed to the diversity of every individual you encounter. And perhaps make a lifelong friendship and mentor.
Do you want to be at school? and mingling with new friends? It is your golden time to apply now.
If you are hardworking and have a strong will to pursue your dreams. Grab the opportunity and never let go of it.
Becoming one of the chosen students for the AHME Scholarship Program brings a whole lot of additional perks you may not even realize.
READ ALSO: Opportunities offered by Security Bank Foundation Scholarship
AHME Scholarship Benefits
Ministry of Basic, Higher, and Technical Education (MBHTE) will provide PhP 60,000.00 per student per academic year to qualified student beneficiaries region-wide who will enroll in the BARMM Regional Priority Programs for AY 2023-2024.
Qualifications for AHME Scholarship
- A Bangsamoro
- An Incoming Freshman (Senior High School or ALS Graduate)
- An enrollee or planning to enroll in the BARMM Regional Priority Programs for A.Y. 2023-2024
- Not a recipient of any other scholarship, grant, or financial subsidy from the government or private sector:
- A combined gross annual income of parents or guardians does not exceed PHP 400,000.00;
- An orphan;
- A child of a solo parent;
- A person with a disability (PWD) or a child of a PWD;
- A member of Indigenous People (IP) or child of an IP Parent;
- Guardian is a senior citizen, or
- An internally displaced person (IDP).
Special Eligibility for AHME Scholarship
Combatants or children, orphans, or surviving spouses of combatants who meet the Minimum Qualification are given special eligibility and are encouraged to apply. This is part of the post-conflict rehabilitation and development efforts of the Bangsamoro Government.
Documents Required to apply for AHME Scholarship
- Certified true copy of the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Birth Certificate
The applicant shall submit ANY of the following documents:
- Form 138 for senior high school graduates
- ALS Accreditation and Equivalency Test Passer Certificate for Alternative Learning System (ALS) graduates
The applicant shall submit AT LEAST ONE of the following documents:
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
- Certificate of Indigence either from his/her barangay or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
- Case Study report from DSWD
- The latest copy of the contract or proof of income (for children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers)
Documents for Underprivileged, Disadvantaged, Marginalized, Poor, and Low-income Sectors or Group
The applicant shall submit ANY of the following documents:
- Single Parent ID from the Municipal or City Social Welfare and Development Office;
- IP Certificate parent/s from the Ministry of Indigenous People’s Affairs (MIPA)-BARMM;
- A person with Disability (PWD) ID from the Municipal or City Social Welfare and Development Office;
- Senior Citizen ID of Parent/s or Guardian from the Municipal or City Office of the Senior Citizens Affairs (OSCA);
- Death Certificate of Parents or Certification of Being an Orphan from the Barangay or Municipality/City; and
- IDP Certification from the Barangay or Municipality/City/Province.
Documents for the Combatants, Their Children, Orphans, or Surviving Spouses
- Certification from the MILF and MNLF Peace Mechanisms that the applicant is a former combatant or his/her children; and/or
- Certification from MILF and MNLF Peace Mechanisms that the applicant is an orphan, his/her parent is a widow/widower due to the armed conflict or is a surviving spouse.
BARMM Regional Priority Programs
Science, Technology, and Mathematics
- Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemistry with Material Science
- Data Science, Statistics, Applied Statistics
- Information and Communication Technology
- Marine Science, Marine Biology, and Marine Technology
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medical Technology and Radiology
- Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- Physics with Material Science & Engineering
- Science Teaching (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physical Science, Technical and Livelihood Education with Specialization in ICT)
- Midwifery and Nursing
- Aeronautics Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering and Agricultural Bio-systems Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Geodetic Engineering
- Architecture, Civil, Design, and Structural Engineering
- Water Engineering
- Sanitary Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Material Science & Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Aquaculture Engineering
- Medical Engineering
Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries
- Environmental Science
- Animal Science
- Crop Science
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
- Veterinary Medicine
- Agricultural Economics and Marketing
- Animal Science and Animal Husbandry
- Agricultural extension and communication
- Fisheries (Aquaculture, Capture Fisheries, Inland Fisheries, Food Processing)
- Aquatic Science
Other Programs for Economic Development
- Islamic Banking, Finance, and Economics
- Business Management/Administration
- Cooperative Development
- Community Development
- Rural and Urban Development
- Financial Management and Accountancy
- Hotel and Restaurant Management
- International Relation Studies
How to apply for the AHME Scholarship?
For Online Application
APPLY ONLINE through this link: https://ahme-mbhte.bangsamoro.gov.ph
For Walk-in Applicants
For walk-in applicants, submit your application with documentary requirements at the MBHTE – Higher Education Office (Formerly CHED), Bangsamoro Government Center, Cotabato City.
AHME Scholarship Deadline
*Keep an eye out for updates on the AHME Scholarship.
Source: Ministry of Basic, Higher, and Technical Education (MBHTE)
2 thoughts on “Awe-inspiring AHME Scholarship Program offers for SY 2023-2024”
Pingback: (DLSU) - REBISCO FOUNDATION, INC. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR TERTIARY EDUCATION (FATE) Astounding offer for AY 2023-2024.
Pingback: NIG Summer Internship in Japan 2023 | Funded - PhilScholar