Introduction of the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship 2024
The Asian Development Bank: Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) is a unique program that helps future leaders from developing countries in Asia and the Pacific.
It is funded by the Government of Japan and organized by the Asian Development Bank. The aim is to give people from these developing countries a chance to study further after their first degree.
Successful scholars get the opportunity to look at excellent universities in the region.
The Division of Environmental Studies has six departments, and the Graduate Program in Sustainability Science at the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences (GSFS) has been part of this scholarship program since 2000.
We welcome you to explore the great opportunities offered by the ADB-JSP. Let’s work together to create a better and more prosperous Asia-Pacific region.
Read Also: Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship 2024
Friendly Advice by the Philippine Scholar Editorial Team
If you want to apply for the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program, here’s some helpful advice:
- Learn About the Program: First, learn about the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program. Know its goals, who can apply, and the benefits it provides to successful students.
- Check if You’re Eligible: Make sure you meet all the requirements before applying. The program is usually for people from developing countries that are part of ADB.
- Start Early: Begin the application process ahead of time. Gathering the needed documents and information may take a while, so give yourself plenty of time to finish everything.
- Show Your Achievements: The scholarship is competitive, so showcase your good grades, activities outside of school, and any relevant work experience that proves your leadership skills and desire to make a positive difference in your country.
- Write a Strong Personal Statement: Your statement is your chance to share your passion for your chosen field of study and explain how the scholarship will help you reach your goals. Be honest and persuasive in your writing.
- Get Strong Recommendations: Ask people who know you well to write recommendation letters that speak positively about your abilities and potential.
- Focus on Sustainability: The scholarship values sustainability science, so demonstrate your interest in and commitment to solving environmental and social issues in your community.
- Submit a Complete Application: Double-check that you’ve included all the required documents and information. Only complete applications might be considered.
- Be Patient and Positive: The selection process takes time, so be patient while waiting for a response. Stay positive and explore other opportunities too.
- Be Yourself: Be genuine in your application and interview. Show your unique qualities and how you can contribute to a better Asia-Pacific region.
Remember, the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program is a beautiful opportunity, so do your best, and good luck with your application!
Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program 2024
Benefits of the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship 2024
The ADB-JSP provides:
- full tuition fees
- monthly subsistence allowance (including housing)
- books and instructional materials
- medical insurance
- travel expenses
For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
In exceptional circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language, and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship.
Major Fields of Study
Science and Technology
Agriculture, Biological Science, Computer Science, Energy, Engineering, Environment, Forestry, Genetics, and Health
Economics, Business, and Management
Accounting, Business Administration/Management, Commerce, E-Business, Entrepreneurship, Economics, Finance, International Cooperation, and Social Sciences
Asia Paciﬁc Studies, Development Management, and Development Studies
Law and Public Policy
International Business Law, International Environmental Law, Policy Studies, Political Science, Public Administration, and Public Policy
Eligibility of the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship 2024
The candidate should:
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member country and a Japanese ODA scholarship-eligible country.
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Have gained admission to an approved master’s course at a Designated Institution.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record;
- Have at least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. The candidate must have proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies;
- Not be more than 35 years old at the time of application unless waived in exceptional cases with the expressed endorsement of the Government of Japan;
- Be in good health;
- Agree to return and work in their home country for at least two (2) years after completion of studies under the Program to contribute to its development;
- Not be an Executive Director, Alternate Director, management, staff and consultants of ADB, or the close relatives of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as spouse, mother, stepmother, father, stepfather, sister, stepsister, brother, stepbrother, son, daughter, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew;
- Not be staff of ADB–JSP Designated Institutions;
- not be living or working in a country other than their home country; and
- Not be already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
Available to citizens of the following countries/areas:
- Cook Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Marshall Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Viet Nam
Requirements of the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship 2024
1. Applicants must submit their latest Income tax return or certification of their annual salary/monthly salary, whichever is available. They should also offer a family income certificate (parent’s income).
2. The duly accomplished application forms and all copies of academic records should be sent to the institution six (6) months before the commencement of the intake that you wish to join.
3. Only candidates offered admission and endorsed by the academic institutions will be considered for the scholarships by the ADB.
4. The ADB-JSP does not cover expenses for the scholar’s family; extra-curricular courses or training; additional travel during the study program; other expenses related to supplementary educational materials, field trips, or participation in workshops, seminars, or internships while at the academic institution or purchase of educational equipment such as computers.
5. Completing the application form or admission by the academic institution does not mean that you have been accepted for a scholarship; accordingly, you should only take action concerning your current employment once you have been informed by the institution that you have been awarded a scholarship.
How to apply for the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship 2024
Application guideline for those who wish to enroll in Fall 2024 is now open.
Please see the guideline for the details.
Application deadline for the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship 2024
The ADB Japan Scholarship Program application deadline at the University of Tokyo, Japan, is December 10, 2023.
Note: Please remember that our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We do not directly associate with the organizations mentioned in the articles.
To prove the credibility of the information, At the end of each article, there are sources for you to verify the legitimacy of the content independently
Keep Up to Date and Grow Your Potential – Join Our Community for Free Now! Discover Opportunities for Learning, Career Development, and Working Together. Join here: https://expertist.ph/
Source: Asian Development Bank