The Bonn SDG Fellowships is a funded program in Germany for professionals with a background in sustainable development. Applicants need relevant education and experience.
Successful candidates will work with experts, gain valuable experience, and have access to training and networking opportunities. The program helps individuals contribute to Sustainable Development Goals.
If you want to apply for the Bonn SDG Fellowships in Germany, here are some tips:
- Check the eligibility criteria and application guidelines carefully.
- Start your application early to avoid stress.
- Emphasize your relevant experience in sustainable development or related areas.
- Keep your application materials clear and concise.
- Get feedback from others to improve your application.
- Prepare for the interview by researching the program and its goals, practicing your responses, and discussing your experience and motivation.
Remember, the program is competitive, but don’t let that stop you from applying. Good luck!
See Also: Wellington Doctoral Scholarship
Bonn SDG Fellowships
- University of Bonn
LEVEL OF FELLOWSHIP
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship
DURATION OF FUNDING
- From 3 months to 12 months
The funding for the scholarship includes:
- A travel allowance, which may vary depending on the country of origin.
- A scholarship of €3,000 per month, which will be provided to the recipient.
- Additional funds for family members: up to €300 for a spouse and €250 per child.
- A research expense allowance of up to €500 per month.
However, please note that insurance benefits are not included in the scholarship. Also, it’s important to note that the International Office is not responsible for providing housing for scholarship recipients.
The fellowship is for post-doctoral researchers who are invited by a professor of the University of Bonn to collaborate on a joint research project. To be eligible for the fellowship, the researcher must:
- Have foreign citizenship.
- Have a long-term affiliation (either in research or teaching) at a university or research institute in the regions mentioned in the fellowship description.
- Demonstrate proven expertise in an area of research from the thematic spectrum of the SDGs.
Please note that the organization cannot match or establish contact between interested fellows and faculty at the University of Bonn.
HOW TO APPLY
- Go to the official website and access the application form.
- Fill up all the required fields in the application form.
- Upload any supporting documents that may be required, such as a CV, research proposal, or letter of recommendation.
- Complete the application form carefully and ensure that all information provided is accurate.
- Submit the application.
SELECTION OF CRITERIA
The project proposals are evaluated based on two categories:
- Academic Quality and Mutual Benefit (50%): This category evaluates the quality of the research project, its contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), relevance to developments in the researcher’s region of origin, the fellow’s integration into academic life in Bonn, and their integration into the host institute’s teaching and research activities.
- Strategic Relevance and Potential for Future Cooperation (50%): This category evaluates the intensity of existing cooperation, plans for long-term research relationships between the fellow and the host institute, the connection to Bonn’s research profile, and how the research will be shared with broader academic communities.
If two proposals receive the same score, the category “Academic Quality and Mutual Benefit” will be given priority.
The selection process for the fellowship includes the following steps:
- Pre-assessment: Independent experts from the University of Bonn will evaluate the proposals anonymously.
- Final decision: A committee made up of representatives from all of the University of Bonn’s faculties will review the shortlisted proposals and select the fellows for the fellowship.
- Depending on the requested amounts, up to five projects can be funded.
- The approval rate for 2021 was 3 grants out of 35 proposals.
To conclude, the Bonn SDG Fellowships allow post-doctoral researchers to collaborate on joint research projects with professors from the University of Bonn. The fellowship is open to researchers with foreign citizenship who have a long-term affiliation at a university or research institute in specific regions and can demonstrate proven expertise in research that contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
It’s important to note that applicants must apply through the official website and complete the application form under the supervision of the professor of the University of Bonn, who invited them to collaborate on the joint research project.
The application deadline for this fellowship is May 03, 2023
Keep Up to Date and Grow Your Potential – Join Our Community for Free Now! Discover Opportunities for Learning, Career Development, and Working Together. Join here: https://expertist.ph/
Source: University of Bonn