The CHED Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) program is a scholarship program offered by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) in the Philippines. It provides financial assistance to deserving and qualified students who are pursuing a degree in medicine and are willing to render service to their respective communities upon graduation. The program is designed to help address the shortage of healthcare professionals in underserved areas of the country.
If you are interested in applying for the CHED MSRS for AY 2023-2024, this introduction will provide you with some basic information on the eligibility requirements and application process.
Here are some tips to help you apply for the CHED Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) for AY 2023-2024:
- Be organized and start early.
- Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Fill out the application form carefully and accurately.
- Get help if you need it.
Following these tips can increase your chances of being accepted into the CHED MSRS program and achieving your goal of becoming a medical professional while serving your community.
CHED Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS)
Scholars shall be entitled to the following privileges:
- Free tuition and school fees.
- Allowance for prescribed books, supplies, and equipment.
- Clothing or uniform allowance.
- Allowance for dormitory or boarding house accommodation.
- Transportation allowance.
- Internship fees.
- Medical board review fees.
- Licensure fees.
- Annual medical insurance.
- Other education-related miscellaneous subsistence or living expenses.
See Also: Ayala Foundation Inc. Scholarship Program SY 2023
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
To be eligible for the scholarship, interested applicants must:
- Be a Filipino citizen residing in the Philippines.
- Graduating student or graduate of an appropriate undergraduate program identified as a prerequisite for a Doctor of Medicine degree.
- Currently enrolled in Doctor of Medicine degree from any HEIs duly recognized by the CHED.
- Direct entrant to the integrated Liberal Arts and Medicine (INTARMED) program who satisfactorily completes the first two years of the program.
- Deserving incoming second-year medical students.
- Those in the higher year levels of the Doctor of Medicine program.
- As long as they have complied with the academic requirements and retention policies of the school in the past terms preceding their scholarship application.
- Have passed the entrance examinations and met all other related requirements for admission into a Doctor of Medicine degree program in the chosen SUCs/PHEIs where the scholar intends to enroll or is currently enrolled.
- Obtained a National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) score mandated by the CHED and required by the SUC/PHEI where the student intends to enroll.
- Proof of Filipino citizenship, such as a government-issued document showing proof of Filipino citizenship, including, but not limited to, a certified true copy of a Birth Certificate issued by the Local Civil Registry of Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)Philsys ID.
- Certificate of Good Moral Character.
- Additional requirements for priority groups (as applicable): a) Certification of Residency issued by the barangay. b) Certification as a member of indigenous people or minority group/National Commission on Indigenous Peoples (NCIP) certificate. c) The DOH-Bureau of Local Health Systems and Development issued the certification that the applicant is a dependent community health volunteer. d) Certification from the Local Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (LDRRMO) or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) that the applicant is from calamity-prone and conflict areas.
- Parents or guardians’ latest Income Tax Return is not to exceed four hundred fifty thousand pesos (Php 450,000.00). In the case of identified priority groups, Tax Exemption of Tax Declaration from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) VSocial Case Study duly signed by a registered Social Worker where the applicant resides.
- Certification of Acceptance from SUC/PHEI.
- Affidavit of no existing scholarship grant or with Return Service Obligation
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
- Applicants shall submit their applications through the SUC/PHEI on or before May 31, 2023.
- Applicants shall undergo a screening and selection process as defined by SUC/PHEI for admission to the medical program/course using the Evaluation Sheet provided in Form No. 1 of CHED Administrative Order (CAO) No. 2, series of 2022.
- The SUC/PHEI shall endorse the list of scholarship applicants to CHEDRO for evaluation and validation together with the following, on or before June 16, 2023: a) Results of the preliminary evaluation conducted (Form No.1). b) Application with complete supporting documents. c) Scholar’s Commitment to Render Service Obligation (Form No.2).
- CHEDRO shall validate the results from the SUC/PHEI, and priority shall be given to deserving applicants as provided in Section 3 of the IRR.
- CHEDRO shall endorse the approved/accepted scholars list to the concerned SUC/PHEI.
- The SUC/PHEI shall: a) Notify the applicants of the status of their application. All accepted scholars shall be enrolled accordingly. b) Through the SUC/PHEI, the scholars submit an accomplished Scholarship Contract for a Doctor of Medicine (Form No.6). c) Submit the list of enrolled scholars to CHEDRO together with a copy of the notarized Scholarship Contract for documentation.
- CHEDRO shall: a) Keep a record of the notarized Scholarship Contract (Form No.6). b) Submit to CHED-Office of Student Development and Services (OSDS) the list of enrolled scholars as a basis for the release of allotment and fund transfer to the concerned CHEDRO on or before June 30, 2023.
- CHED/CHEDRO and SUC/PHEI, in coordination with other stakeholders, shall advocate and disseminate information on the program, its application and selection process, and the general provisions.
In conclusion, the CHED Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) for AY 2023-2024 provides an opportunity for deserving students to pursue their dreams of becoming doctors. The program requires applicants to submit their applications through the SUC/PHEI before the deadline of May 31, 2023. Applicants will undergo a screening and selection process as defined by the SUC/PHEI, and the selected scholars will be required to render a return service obligation.
The CHEDRO will validate and endorse the list of approved/accepted scholars, and the SUC/PHEI will notify the applicants of the status of their applications. The CHED and the SUC/PHEI, in coordination with other stakeholders, will advocate and disseminate information about the program, its application and selection process, and the general provisions.
The deadline for submitting applications is May 31, 2023, and they must be submitted through the SUC/PHEI.
Keep Up to Date and Grow Your Potential – Join Our Community for Free Now! Discover Opportunities for Learning, Career Development, and Working Together. Join here: https://expertist.ph/
Source: St. Paul University Philippines
2 thoughts on “Apply Now for CHED Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) AY 2023-2024 for First Semester”
Pingback: Unlocking Opportunities: The Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2024-2025 for Filipinos Pursuing Graduate Studies in the US - PhilScholar
Please choose me I need this scholarship to help my parents.