Introduction to the Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP)
Education is a powerful tool that helps people shape their futures and do good things for society. The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) cares for Filipino workers who work in other countries and their families.
OWWA is proud to offer the Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP) for 2023.
OWWA is a part of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE). It is a group that looks after the well-being of Filipino workers abroad and their families. Before, it was called the Welfare and Training Fund for Overseas Workers and was created in 1977.
OWWA has offices in 31 places in 27 countries where many OFWs work. It also has offices in all seventeen regions of the Philippines.
Let’s work together to give a better future to our nation by supporting the education of the families of OFWs.
Notice: This website only shares scholarship information and is not involved in awarding scholarships or application processes. It's not connected to any scholarship provider; you don't have to pay anything to see scholarship details or apply here. >Read full
Friendly Advice by the Philippine Scholar Editorial Team
If you’re considering applying for the OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (ODSP) in 2023, that’s awesome! It’s a fantastic opportunity to get support for your education. Here’s some friendly advice to help you through the process:
- Start Early: Be sure to apply immediately. Begin gathering all the required documents and information well in advance.
- Check Eligibility: Make sure you meet all the eligibility criteria before applying. Check the guidelines and requirements provided by OWWA to see if you qualify for the scholarship.
- Prepare Your Documents: Double-check that you have all the necessary documents, such as your birth certificate, proof of your parent’s overseas employment, and academic records. Having everything ready will make the application process quicker and easier.
- Seek Assistance if Needed: If you have any doubts or questions about the application process, feel free to reach out for help. You can contact OWWA or visit their website for more information and support.
- Be Honest and Accurate: When filling out the application form, be truthful and provide accurate information. Any false details could lead to disqualification, and we wouldn’t want that!
- Write a Compelling Essay: If there’s an essay requirement, take your time to write a sincere and compelling piece. Share your aspirations, dreams, and how this scholarship would make a difference.
- Stay Positive: Applying for scholarships can be competitive, so don’t be disheartened if you face challenges. Stay positive and believe in your abilities.
- Submit on Time: Mark the application deadline on your calendar and submit your application before the closing date. Late submissions might not be considered, so take advantage of it!
- Follow Up: If there’s a waiting period, be patient. Keep track of any updates or announcements from OWWA regarding the scholarship.
We wish you the best of luck with your application! You’ve got this!
Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP)
Benefits of the Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP)
- The scholarship grant provides a maximum of Php 60,000.00 per school year.
- The scholarship covers the entire duration of a baccalaureate course, which typically takes 4-5 years to complete.
Qualification of the Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP)
A child of an active OWWA member or a sibling of a single active OWWA member who is:
- Incoming Senior High School (Grade 12)
- must have at least 80% General Weighted Average (GWA) without failing grades upon application
- passed the qualifying examination to be conducted by DOST and belongs to the top 400 passers nationwide
- Incoming Freshmen (1st year college)
- Grade 11 graduate (Incoming Grade 12 / currently enrolled as Grade 12)
- Not more than 21 years old
- With a General Weighted Average (GWA) of 80% or higher. If required GWA is not yet available at the time of filing of application, the academic performance of the applicant in the two consecutive preceding school year shall be used as basis for evaluation
- Belonging to the top 400 qualifiers of the Department of Science and Technology national qualifying exam
- For those who are already enrolled in 2nd year to 5th year in college
- Not more than 30 years old
- With a GWA not lower than B letter grade or 85% equivalence in all academic and non-academic subjects during the last school year attended in full load
Note: Applicant is not a recipient of any OWWA or other scholarship grant
Requirements for the Education For Development Scholarship Program (EDSP)
|Checklist of Requirements||Where to Secure|
|Scholarship Application Form||OWWA RWO|
|OFW Membership Record||OWWA RWO|
|2pcs. I.D. Picture with Name Tag||Applicant|
|At least one (1) valid I.D. of the OFW and/or the Authorized Representative||Government Issued or Company Issued I.D.|
|Proof of Relationship to OFW Member i.e. Birth Certificate from PSA or LCROFW Birth Certificate, if dependent is sibling OFW Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR, if single)Dependent’s Birth Certificate||Philippine Statistics Authority or|
Local Civil Registrar
|Dependent’s Form 137 / Certified True Copy of Form 138 / Transcript of Records (TOR)For incoming first year, 80% GWA without failing grades For second to fifth year, 85% GWA without failing grades||School Registrar|
|For Incoming 1st Year College, Notice from RWOs of qualifying the DOST-OWWA|
Pre-Qualifying Examination for EDSP
|Other Special Requirements (WAIVED DUE TO PANDEMIC):Certificate of Good MoralMedical Certificate i.e. Physically Fit to attend school if student has a medical pre-condition/s||School Registrar or Authorized School Officer/FacultyAny competent Medical Practitioner from public or private medical institution/facility|
How to apply for the Education For Development Scholarship Program (EDSP)
- Visit the OWWA Regional Welfare Office that covers the permanent address of the OFW.
- Get queuing number or queue in the line for EDSP scholarship application
- Present the I.D. of OFW member together with the requirements to the Membership Verification Desk
- Obtain Notice of Award and Schedule of Scholarship Orientation validation / evaluation.
- Attend Scholarship Orientation and Facilitate Notarization of Scholarship Agreement
Note: Please remember that our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We do not directly associate with the organizations mentioned in the articles.
Keep Up to Date and Grow Your Potential – Join Our Community for Free Now! Discover Opportunities for Learning, Career Development, and Working Together. Join here: https://expertist.ph/
Note: Please remember that our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We do not directly associate with the organizations mentioned in the articles. To prove the credibility of the information, At the end of each article, there are sources for you to verify the legitimacy of the content independently. >>Read full