EPFL Excellence Fellowships have fully funded scholarships for talented individuals who want to pursue a master’s or Ph.D. degree at EPFL, a leading research institution in Switzerland. Recipients are selected based on academic achievements, research potential, and personal qualities.
The program provides access to state-of-the-art facilities and opportunities to work with renowned researchers.
This article will overview the program, eligibility criteria, application process, benefits, and tips on submitting a robust application.
See Also: International Merit Scholarship for Undergraduate Students
To apply for the EPFL Excellence Fellowships in Switzerland, applicants should research the program thoroughly, highlight their academic achievements, research potential, and personal qualities, and seek advice and feedback from others. Starting early and allowing enough time for the application process are also important.
The scholarship is awarded based on academic excellence, research potential, and personal qualities and provides access to state-of-the-art facilities and opportunities to work with renowned researchers.
EPFL Excellence Fellowships
- The École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
- The duration of the EPFL Fellowships in Switzerland 2022 is valid for 4 semesters of the master’s program.
- Master’s Level.
- Reservation of a student room in a student residence (for “external” candidates only)
- CHF 10’000 per semester
- A certificate of excellence (at the end of the master’s program)
- Anyone applying to an EPFL master’s program is eligible.
- EPFL grants a limited number of fellowships to the most deserving candidates based on their academic records.
- If the master’s at EPFL is a second master’s degree, candidates are not eligible for an excellence fellowship.
- Cumulating this fellowship with other substantial scholarships is not possible.
- Candidates must declare all the scholarships they receive during their master’s.
See Also: Wellington Doctoral Scholarship
HOW TO APPLY
External candidates (Bachelor’s degree from a university abroad)
- They should apply via the same online form as their application to a master’s program by April 15 or
- December 15 (a box to tick indicates that the candidate’s profile should also be considered for an excellence fellowship).
- There are no specific documents to be provided besides those required for admission.
Internal candidates (Bachelor’s degree earned at EPFL / same field of study)
- Sections might contact students to ask if they want to submit an application for an excellence fellowship.
- Students can also apply to their section by January 31 or April 30.
The application should contain the following:
- A CV
- A motivation letter
- 2 recommendation letters from professors familiar with students’ work and achievements
- A transcript of all grades earned at EPFL
Recommendation letters must be submitted directly by referees to email@example.com.
Internal candidates (Bachelor’s degree earned at EPFL / another field of study)
- Sections might contact students to ask if they want to apply for an excellence fellowship.
- Students should apply by providing the required documents via the admission form for a master’s degree. (available on IS-Academia).
- Two recommendation letters must be submitted directly by referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION
- Digitize the requested documents
- Fill in the online application form
- Submit your complete application by the deadline
- Receive a confirmation email and application number once your application is validated.
- Referees must upload reference letters themselves within a week after the application deadline.
- The online application form closes on December 15 and April 15
- Applicants to the Architecture program must also upload a work portfolio on a dedicated web server after completing and paying for the online application.
All documents should be in English, French, German, or Italian. Please join a legalized translation of all documents in another language.
- Your resumé (curriculum vitae).
- Copy of your University degree(s), if already available.
- Complete transcripts from each university you have attended.
- A statement of purpose.
- The contact details of three academic referees, who will each be asked to produce a recommendation letter for you (except for holders of an EPFL Bachelor’s degree and those who hold a Bachelor’s degree from ETH Zürich or a Swiss university or FHS/HES and are applying for a Master’s program in the same field of study).
- Your identity card or passport.
Extra documents, such as TOEFL or GRE scores, research publications, or other portfolios of your previous work, are welcome but not compulsory. We will only consider documents uploaded in your online application form (no documents sent by postal mail).
An additional requirement to apply for Architecture
- A work portfolio must also be uploaded to a dedicated web server.
- You will receive the access details for the server by email after you have complicated and paid for the online application.
- Candidates for Architecture must also have twelve months of professional experience.
- Please upload the work certificates in the online application form if already available.
All accepted candidates will be required to have certified academic documents sent before their matriculation at EPFL.
The EPFL Excellence Fellowships in Switzerland are prestigious and highly competitive awards for exceptional Masters’s and Ph.D. students worldwide. They cover tuition fees, living expenses, and research costs. The selection process is rigorous and based on academic excellence, research potential, and personal qualities.
Successful applicants gain access to world-class research facilities, mentorship from top scholars, and a dynamic academic community. Overall, these fellowships offer an outstanding opportunity for motivated students who are passionate about making a significant contribution to their fields.
The application process is done entirely online, in French or English, from mid-November to December 15th or from December 16th to April 15th.
Keep Up to Date and Grow Your Potential – Join Our Community for Free Now! Discover Opportunities for Learning, Career Development, and Working Together. Join here: https://expertist.ph/
Source: EXCELLENCE FELLOWSHIP GUIDELINES