Global Korea Scholarship GKS 2023 is a program sponsored by the Korean government for international students who wish to study for undergraduate degrees in South Korean higher education institutions. This Global Korea Scholarship for Undergraduate Degrees was created in 2023 with the intention of fostering goodwill and fostering friendships between Korea and the participating nations. One of the largest and most competitive scholarship programs in the world is this one from Korea.
This international scholarship program is open to students from all over the world. There are 200 scholarships offered by the Korean government to students from more than 150 different nations. Previously known as the Korean Government Scholarship Program, the 2022 GKS (KGSP).
Why Should I Study in Korea? The benefits of studying in South Korea are numerous. The primary and most significant factor is that South Korea’s educational institutions are among the best in the world. Additionally, Korea has a highly developed educational system, a rich culture, and breathtaking natural beauty.
In addition, the government’s organized support programs, the abundance of job opportunities, and the high standard of living are some of the main draws for students to Korea. Numerous scholarships are also made available by South Korea to allow foreign students to study for free there.
For the KGSP 2023, there are two application processes: Embassy Track and University Track. The Korean government will choose 200 foreign students for the bachelor’s degree programs through GKS Embassy Track.
The Korean government will choose 119 international students through the GKS University Track and 81 students through the Embassy Track. Every university or embassy has a different deadline. The following paragraphs go into more detail on how to successfully apply for this scholarship.
Global Korea Scholarship GKS 2023 for Undergraduate Students
- Korean Government
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Associate Degree
- 5~7 years of Bachelor’s Degree Scholarship (Korean language program for 1 year)
- 3~4 years of Associate Degree Scholarship (Korean language program for 1 year)
No. of KGPS Scholarships in Korea
- 200 Undergraduate Scholarships in Korea for International Students
Global Korea Scholarship Benefits 2023:
- The scholarship cover full tuition fees.
- A free return air ticket.
- Settlement Allowance will be provided, 200,000 KRW
- A monthly Allowance will be provided, 900,000 KRW
- The scholarship will cover the fee of 1-Year Korean Language Training.
- University Admission fees waiver
- National Health Insurance will be provided.
- Korean Proficiency Grants will be provided, 100,000 KRW/month
- Degree Completion Grants will be provided once, 100,000 KRW
Eligibility Criteria of the Global Korea Scholarship GKS 2023?
- The candidate must be a citizen of Global Korea Scholarship partner countries.
- The candidate should not hold Korean citizenship or dual citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree Program or Associate Degree Program; The candidates must have graduated from high or are expected to graduate by February 28, 2023.
- The candidates who have an associated degree or are expected to graduate by Feb 28, 2023, can only apply for the bachelor’s degree.
- The candidates must be under 25 years of age.
- The candidates must be in good health.
- A candidate should maintain his GPA in order to sustain the scholarship.
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarship for International Students 2022?
Through Embassy Track, the candidates must apply through the Embassy of South Korea in their own countries. The embassy will select the candidate and ask the candidate to apply to some university and nominate you as its GKS candidate and will send the nomination to NIIED, but the final selection will be done by the NIIED.
Through University Track, the candidates must apply directly to the university. The university nominates you as a 2023 GKS candidate and will send your nomination to NIIED, as the final decision will be taken by the NIIED.
Required Documents for GKS Undergraduate Scholarship 2023
- GKS-U Applicant Form
- Personal Statement (Learn how to write a Personal Statement)
- Study Plan
- TWO letters of Recommendation
- GKS Applicant Agreement
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Proof of Citizenship
- Certificate of Graduation
- High school Grade Transcripts
- Proof of Age
- Proof of Overseas Korean
- Proof of Korean Citizenship Renunciation Document
- Awards and other certificates (Optional)
- Certificate of valid TOPIK score (Optional)
- Certificate of valid English Proficiency Test (Optional)
- Applicant’s Passport Copy (Optional)
- Proof of Korean War Veterans‟s Descendants (ONLY for descendants of Korean War Veterans)
Global Korea Scholarship Application Deadline
- For Embassy track criteria, candidates need to take an update from the Korean embassy in their home country, as they all have different application deadlines.
- For University track criteria, candidates need to take an update from eligible universities for GKS from the official website.
Source: Study in Korea