The IST Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023 is a fantastic opportunity for those who want to excel in their research in an international setting. The fully-funded scholarship is available for international fellows in the field of science, and they will be able to collaborate with mentors and fellows who are regarded as the best in the world. Furthermore, future scientists can conduct their research free of political and governmental pressure or interference, as well as any other economic concerns. This is an excellent opportunity for highly qualified candidates who have recently completed or will soon complete their degrees in the following disciplines: computer sciences, natural sciences, mathematics, or any other related field.
The IST-BRIDGE International Postdoctoral Program is a global, cross-disciplinary, and cross-sectoral scholarship program. It aims to provide potential additions for placements or secondments, as well as profiled competency training via career tracks. Non-academic secondments, placements in IST Austria research assistance divisions, and academic secondments to globally recognized BRIDGE Network associates are also possible. Furthermore, every four years, the institute is evaluated by a committee comprised of Nobel Laureates and a Turning Awardee. Thus, this fully-funded international fellowship gives the brightest minds the opportunity to learn from a reputable institute and excel in their research.
The IST-BRIDGE program is founded on two fundamental pillars: it provides students with outstanding basic research skills, and it shapes their post-doctoral career progression. Research projects in all fields offered by IST are welcomed here. Mentors for specific research areas can be easily found here. A subordinate host can also be provided if the research projects are interdisciplinary. The institute currently has 51 major research groups and plans to have at least 90 research groups by 2026.
The IST-BRIDGE Scholarship in Austria offers students the best opportunity to advance their careers while utilizing their potentially acquired skills throughout their educational career. Furthermore, it encourages Ph.D. students to collaborate with people from diverse cultural backgrounds in order to advance their positions in a global research-oriented community. In terms of educational experience, it provides students with the highest quality education in the most refined form, which is beneficial to both their academic and professional careers.
See Also: Amazing Benefits | DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarships for A.Y. 2023
IST Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023
- Institute of Science and Technology, Austria
- Post-Doctoral Programs
- The duration of the Austria international fellowship is 2 years.
No. of Candidates
- 12 Candidates per call (60 fellows over 5 globally-advertised calls)
Benefits of the IST Fellowship in Austria 2023
- It is a globally extensive scholarship program catering to multiple disciplines and sectors.
- The award provides full financial support to the fellows during their two-year study tenure.
- It encompasses competency training via 4-tier flexible ‘career tracks.’
- It provides candidates with possible BRIDGE placements and secondments
- It awards candidates the “Marie Sklodowska-Curie fellow” title as a symbol of excellence in the research field.
Eligibility Criteria of IST Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023
- All research areas offered at IST are considered eligible for this scholarship program (see https://ist.ac.at/en/research).
- Until the deadline date, candidates must possess a Ph.D. (or equivalent) degree in any discipline offered at IST.
- Till the deadline date, candidates must have experience of at least four years as full-time equivalent researchers.
- Candidates are expected to complete their Ph.D. degrees before the beginning of their scholarship program (not later than seven months from the application deadline).
- A scholarship contract will not be awarded to the candidates if they are unable to provide a copy of the diploma or any proof in terms of adequate security provision.
- Candidates must not be a resident of Austria.
- Candidates must not be engaged in any activity in Austria (concerning work, studies, etc.) for more than a year in the recent three years immediately, before the application or call deadline.
- Researchers already working at IST Austria until the call deadline are not eligible to apply for this IST program.
How to Apply for the IST Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023?
- The applicants have to apply online.
- The applicants will receive an email from IST with all the relevant instructions and details.
- Provide all your standard personal information e.g. name, address, date of birth, etc.
- The candidates have to provide mobility information for the last 5 years until the call deadline.
- Complete all the required fields for the Ph.D. program.
- If the candidates have much additional educational information, do not forget to provide it as it would be a plus point in the selection process.
- Provide all the data of your current affiliation e.g. academic or professional.
- The candidates have to identify the supervisors at IST Austria. The candidate can also choose a secondary supervisor if it is desired and necessary.
- The candidates have to provide a project title of 100 characters and a project summary of 300 words maximum in order to apply successfully.
- The candidates have to choose two top choices only for planning purposes and it certainly does not affect the evaluation process.
- Complete your application carefully and submit it.
Documents Required for the IST International Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023?
- Research Proposal of maximum 5 pages.
- CV of maximum 2 pages.
- A Letter of Motivation.
- A Completed ethical issues table.
- Suppose an application has been submitted and the candidate wants to upload an updated version of any of the documents or wants to change something. In that case, he should contact [email protected] before the application deadline date.
- All queries regarding the IST scholarship program must be sent to customer support at [email protected].
- The reference letter should be sent through referees, not by the candidate himself.
- After scrutiny of the application, top-selected aspirants will be called for a remote interview. The interview will be held approximately after 4 to 7 weeks before the application deadline date. The members of the International Committee will conduct an interview. All aspirants will be informed about the results of their applications (not later than three months after the application deadline date).
IST Scholarship Application Deadline
- 05/11/21 – 05/05/22 – 05/11/22 – 05/05/23 – 05/11/23.