A special chance to carry on your research in the most cutting-edge labs in the world is the OIST Internship in Japan 2023. The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology provides students with the best internship in Asia with the chance to develop technical skills and participate in research.
The OIST research internship gives interns the chance to carry on their research under the guidance of some of the best supervisors in the world, which boosts their confidence and advances certain techniques. For the students who participate in the fully-funded internship in Japan, it also serves as a stepping stone to a more promising future.
All national and international students who are pursuing research in one or more related fields or the projects of one of the best faculties in the world are invited to apply for an OIST internship. The best faculty in the world, the OIST faculty, is also in charge of giving the interns the proper research projects. Projects like Integrative Community, Energy Units, Non-linear Equilibrium, Physics Units, Quantum Systems, Evolutionary Genomics, Fluid Mechanics, Computational Neuroscience, Biological Systems, and many others may be related to the research work.
The list of projects and the supervisors are provided in the links below. Each unit has a separate supervisor. At OIST, you can become an intern without first getting in touch with the supervisor.
OIST is a renowned science and technology institution. One of its professors discussed the future of AI research and how it will contribute to ground-breaking scientific discoveries in the most recent podcast. However, the university only has research units and lacks departments, which gives it an edge and exclusivity.
Most of the university’s faculty members are from countries other than Japan, including the United States, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe. In addition to all of this, OIST offers a 5-year PhD program. It is noteworthy that new graduates must complete a 2- to 6-month internship with OIST in order to continue in the Ph.D. program there. Due to this, both recent graduates and undergraduates are eligible for an international internship.
OIST is dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment. Because of this, the OSIT Japan internship does not discriminate against applicants based on their gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, culture, or religion. However, we strongly encourage applications from women and other underrepresented groups.
Additionally, graduates who want to apply can do so by listing their courses and grades. In light of all these procedures and potential advantages, consider the OIST research internship in Japan. Don’t pass up the opportunity to apply.
OIST Internship in Japan 2023
- OIST Graduate School
- 2-6 months
- Between April 1st 2023- September 30th 2023
OIST Internship Research Areas
- Nonlinear and Non-equilibrium Physics
- Quantum Systems
- Evolutionary Genomics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Femtosecond Spectroscopy
- Computational Neuroscience
- Neural Computation
- Biodiversity and Biocomplexity
- Electronic and Quantum Magnetism
- Mathematics, Mechanics, and Materials
- Embodied Cognitive Science Unit
- Neural Coding and Brain Computing Unit
- Sensory and Behavioral Neuroscience
- Continuum Physics
- Igor Goryanin Biological Systems
- Theoretical Physics
- Immune Signalling
- Organic Optoelectronics
- Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis
- Membranology Unit
- Quantum Dynamics
- Membrane Cooperativity
- Protein Engineering and Evolution
- Genomics and Regulatory Systems Unit
- Information Processing Biology
- Developmental Neurobiology
- Ecology and Evolution
- Physics and Biology
- Marine Biophysics
- Quantum Gravity
- Light-Matter Interactions for Quantum Technologies
- Quantum Materials Science
- Biological Complexity
- Numerical simulations of laminar and turbulent complex flow.
- Marine Climate Change
- Plant Epigenetics
- Theory of Quantum Matter
- Quantum Wave Microscopy
- Cellular Biology
- Nonlinear Analysis Unit
- Representation Theory and Algebraic Combinatorics Unit
- Biological Physics Theory
- Experimental Quantum Information Physics
- Cellular and Molecular Synaptic Function
- Chemistry and Chemical Bioengineering
- Memory Research Unit
- Cognitive Neurorobotics
- Shocks, Solitons, and Turbulence Unit
- Gravity, Quantum Geometry,, and Field Theory
- Human Developmental Neurobiology
- Neuronal Rhythms in Movement
- Evolutionary Neurobiology Unit
- Neurobiology Research
- Molecular Cryo-Electron Microscopy
- Cell Signalling
- G0 Cell Unit
- Neuronal Mechanisms for the Critical Period
- Nucleic Acid Chemistry and Engineering
- Bioinspired Soft Matter
- Integrative Community Ecology Unit
Benefits of the OIST Internship in Japan 2023
- The intern will get a daily allowance of 2400 JPY, the weekends will be excluded and the allowance will be taxable.
- The interns will receive a free OIST shuttle bus pass.
- A fully-paid round trip air ticket will be provided.
- The interns will get fully furnished apartments on or off campus.
- OIST will also assist in vis acquisitions, insurance procedures, and local registration.
Eligibility Criteria of the OIST Internship Program 2023
- Students who are in the final two years of the undergraduate or master’s program in Japan or overseas can apply.
- The students who are recently graduated can apply.
- The students who are currently enrolled must have approval for the OIST internship from their home institution.
- The applicant’s academic background must be in accordance with the desired internship unit at OIST.
How to apply for OIST Internship in Japan?
- The applicant has to log in and create an online profile in order to apply.
- In order to reach o the application successfully, at least one recommendation letter must have reached OIST by your referee.
- When the letter is submitted, you will receive a notification and then you can apply successfully by submitting your application.
Required Documents for OIST Internships 2023
- Curriculum Vitae Sheet (How to make an effective CV)
- 400 words Personal Statement (How to write a Perfect Personal Statement)
- Academic Transcripts (In English translation, if required)
- Recommendation Letter
- ID Photo
- The application deadline for the OIS Fall 2023 Internship is April 15th, 2023, 23:59 (JST UTC+9)
Source: OIST Admissions