Security Bank Foundation, the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) arm of Security Bank Corporation, is accepting scholarship applications for Academic Year 2023-2024 under the Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship Program.
The Scholars for Better Communities program provides educational assistance to underprivileged and deserving students enrolled in eight partner schools in Metro Manila: Ateneo de Manila University, Chiang Kai Shek College, De La Salle University-Manila, Far Eastern University-Manila, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila, Polytechnic University of the Philippines, University of the Philippines-Diliman, and the University of Santo Tomas.
Woah! This school is so amazing. Who doesn’t want to study here, right? If only I could, why not. You don’t wanna miss it or maybe you’ll just let this chance go. Oh no! you’ll regret it or maybe you’ll think about it later, better not waste your time. The offer is tempting and so many are tempted and that also means the slots are limited.
Everyone will spend their time studying and preparing their requirements just to be a qualified scholar of this scholarship and while you’re reading this, they’re will be a lot of aspirants reading it too. And if you are preparing your requirements already, then many are already passing their requirements and are waiting for their schedule.
Isn’t it a pain in the neck? Of course, it is. Everything is a pain in the neck.
but its an opportunity that you must not miss out. This must be it, the scholarship you’ve been waiting for. Grab this offer and enjoy your school life without any restraint.
Winning a big scholarship can be life-changing, particularly for those with financial need. It serves you as a light that guides you to your dream, it pushes you to keep on going forward despite the challenges you will encounter and it also reminds you why you’re pursuing your goals, what is your reason for applying for this opportunity, who you want to be proud of your accomplishments and who is that inspires you, a lot. of course.
This scholarship is open for incoming first-year college students, the program is looking for aspiring scholars who will enroll in courses directly supporting bank operations such as Accountancy, Accounting Information System or Technology, Internal Auditing, Marketing, Financial Management, Industrial Engineering, Management Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics or statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or Technology, Information Systems or Technology.
“The Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship Program aims to help deserving students become productive citizens of the country. By giving them the gift of education, we hope that they will build a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities,” said Rafael Simpao, Jr., Chairman of the Security Bank Foundation.
SBFI supports more than 400 scholars yearly through the Scholars for Better Communities Program. Foundation scholars include employees, agency personnel, and their dependents, as well as deserving students in external partner schools, bringing the total number of students sponsored as Security Bank scholars to 1,140 across various levels since the program’s inception in 1993.
The Scholarship Program for Security Bank Foundation Scholars for Better Communities aims to provide educational assistance to deserving but underprivileged students attending Security Bank Foundation partner schools. The scholarship is funded by the Security Bank Foundation, and partner schools assist in the screening and selection of applicants, as well as monitoring the scholars’ performance.
It is an opportunity that you mustn’t miss out on.
READ ALSO: DOST-SEI offers great scholarship to apply
Scholarship Package of Security Bank Foundation Scholarship
Each scholar is entitled to the following benefits per academic year until he finishes his tertiary course.
- Stipend – Php 10,000 per month for a maximum of 10 school months
- Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees – No allotment due to the “Free Tuition Law”
- Stipend – Php 5,000 per month for a maximum of 10 school months
- Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees – Maximum of Php 100,000 per year
Note: Financial assistance will be released subject to the maximum amount per year and based on the actual number of months during which the classes are conducted and ongoing.
Non-Monetary Scholarship Benefits
Aside from providing financial assistance, SBFI also extends developmental activities through opportunities for internship, involvement in corporate social responsibility activities, and attendance to learning sessions provided by partner institutions.
Scholarship slots shall be offered to college students taking up courses directly supporting bank operations such as Accountancy, Accounting Information System/ Technology, Internal Auditing, Marketing, Financial Management, Industrial Engineering, Management Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics/ Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science/ Technology, Information Systems/ Technology.
- Graduating Grade 12 student from public/private school
- Latest General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 90% or its equivalent
- No parent currently employed/assigned in Security Bank
- No other family member currently admitted to the scholarship within the second degree of consanguinity or affinity
- No other existing scholarships except for discounts provided by schools
- Must enroll in any of the 8 partner schools in NCR
8 Partner Schools
- Ateneo De Manila University
- Chiang Kai Shek College
- De La Salle University – Manila
- Far Eastern University – Manila
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- The University of the Philippines – Diliman
- University of Santo Tomas
- Online Application Form
- Latest Grade 12 Report Card with GWA (Preferably, up to the first term or the second grading)
- Parents or Guardians’ Latest Income Tax Return / Parents or Guardians’ Certificate of Indigency
- Proof of Application for Admission in any of the 8 Partner Schools
- Birth Certificate
- Portrait Photo or 2 x 2 (white background)
*Keep an eye out for updates on the Security Bank Foundation Scholarship.
Screening and Selection Process
- Only applications submitted online will be screened by Security Bank Foundation’s Scholarship Officer.
- Valid applications are endorsed by Security Bank Foundation to respective scholarship coordinators of our partner schools/universities.
- Security Bank Foundation may validate the data indicated in the application through mobile phone calls and email.
- Applicants who passed the first level review will proceed to the online interview.
- Admitted applicants will be notified through mobile phone calls and email. Applicants should ensure active contact information stated in the online application form.
- Newly admitted scholars will sign a scholarship contract to confirm their admission.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship assistance commences on the first year of the tertiary course and continues until graduation from the same course.
- The scholar must be enrolled for at least the minimum number of units/loads required by the school for each school term.
- Scholars are required to maintain at least 86% general weighted average and at least 80% per subject grade by the end of the term (semester/trimester).
Scholars are required to renew their scholarship every school term (i.e. semester/trimester). The following documents must be submitted for renewal:
- Online Renewal Form
- Certificate of Enrolment/Registration Form for the next school term
- Report Card/Transcript of Records indicating general weighted average for the previous school term
- Assessment of fees
- Updated grading system from school or university
- Reconsideration Letter (only if the scholar fails to meet the per-subject grade requirement)
A scholar may be terminated from the scholarship upon commission of any of the following grounds:
- Failure to submit renewal requirements on the date of the deadline
- Failure to meet the general weighted average
- Failing, incomplete, or dropped grades in both academic and non-academic subjects
- Transferring to another school
- Shifting to a non-eligible course
- Deferment of enrolment in a school year (except for poor health)
- Violation of school policies during the availment of the grant
- Availment of another scholarship
Source: Security Bank
6 thoughts on “Security Bank Foundation Scholarship Opportunities 2023-2024”
Pingback: Awe-inspiring AHME Scholarship Program offers for SY 2023-2024 - PhilScholar
Pingback: Donghua University Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023 in China | Fully Funded
Pingback: Ireland Government Scholarship 2023 | Fully Funded
Good Day! I would like to inquire about the scholarship for college. I am a grade 12 STEM, honor student, athlete, student leader but my guardians can’t afford to pay for my college because I have younger 4 siblings and I am the eldest that is why I am wondering if I can try to get any scholarships so I can help myself to provide school expenses.
How to apply this scholarship?