Introduction of the Student Loan Program for the College of Law
We’re excited to inform you about the Student Loan Program for the College of Law students in the upcoming first semester of the academic year 2023-2024.
This program is specially created to help future lawyers by offering financial assistance and support.
It aims to make their education more affordable and less financially stressful.
At the College of Law, we are dedicated to supporting the next generation of legal professionals.
The Student Loan Program for the first semester of the academic year 2023-2024 shows our commitment to helping students and making legal education accessible.
We are eager to assist students on their path to success and create a community that values justice, equality, and opportunity.
Friendly Advice by the Philippine Scholar Editorial Team
If you’re thinking of applying for the Student Loan Program for the College of Law First Semester, AY 2023-2024, here are some simple tips to help you with the application process:
- Start Early: Gather the needed information and documents beforehand. It includes your ID, school records, and any financial papers required. Start early to give you enough time to finish everything without rushing.
- Check Eligibility: Make sure you meet the requirements for the program. It includes enrolling in the College of Law for the specified semester and meeting other academic or financial criteria.
- Get Help: Contact the financial aid office or program administrators for guidance. They can provide helpful information and answer your questions. Don’t hesitate to ask for assistance; they’re there to help.
- Complete the Application Carefully: Take your time to fill out the application form accurately and completely. Check that all the information you provide is correct. Incomplete or wrong applications may cause delays or disqualification.
- Write a Clear Statement: Many loan programs ask for personal statements or essays. Use this opportunity to express your interest in legal studies, your goals, and how the loan program will help you achieve them. Be honest, brief, and persuasive in your writing.
- Mind the Deadlines: Note the application deadline and submit your application on time. Only on-time applications may be accepted, so stay organized and plan accordingly.
- Plan for Repayment: If you receive a loan, remember you’ll have to pay it back eventually. Learn about the repayment terms, including interest rates and schedules. Create a plan to manage your finances well and make timely repayments in the future.
- Stay Positive: The application process can be overwhelming, but stay positive throughout.
Good luck with your application! Stay focused, work diligently, and don’t hesitate to ask for help when needed. We’re cheering for your success.
Student Loan Program for College of Law 2023-2024
Eligibility of the Student Loan Program
- College of Law Students with at least one (1) semester of enrollment in the University and without any unsettled loan with DLSU
- The maximum loanable amount is 100% of the total tuition and fees indicated on their EAF.
- The loan amount is intended solely for defraying the cost of tuition and fees for a given term. As such, the loan shall be directly applied as payment for tuition and fees. It will not be released in cash.
- The loan is subject to the availability of funds. Thus, the approval of the loan is done on an established need and a first-come, first-served basis.
Terms of payment
- After the deadline for payment, a 1% interest shall be imposed on the outstanding loan after a month.
- A referral slip from the Office of Admissions and Scholarships (OAS) will be sent by OAS thru email upon the applicant’s request. The payment for the loan and interest (if applicable) should be made through over-the-counter payment at any DLSU-accredited bank. The OAS will email the DLSU bank details together with the referral slip.
- The photocopy of the Proof of Payment for student loan payment must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for recording and clearance from the loan obligation.
Responsibility of the borrower
- If the loan is availed of after the designated payment deadline for the term, the 1% interest will be applied automatically.
- Non-payment of the full loan amount will prevent the student from accessing the online enrollment facility and put the student on hold for requesting academic records and enrollment or for application to graduate.
The schedule of activities for the SLP is as follows:
|Start of Application||17 July 2023 (Monday)|
|End of Application||05 August 2023 (Monday)|
|Release of Results||12 August 2023 (Saturday)|
|Deadline of Payment||30 September 2023 (Saturday)|
- The applicant must fill out the Google Form and attach the requirements for the application. Please see the specific requirements to be submitted in PDF Format for each level.
- Scanned copy of the updated Enrollment Assessment Form (EAF)
- Two (2) original copies of the SLP Promissory Note signed by the student
- Letter of reference from an active full-time faculty of DLSU
- Please ensure to submit all the requirements and wait for the release of the result on 12 August 2023 via email.
- The EAF will be processed upon approval, and the RF (Reference Number as proof of loan coverage) will be coordinated with the Office of the Chief Finance Officer (OCFO). Please note that processing of RF will take 3-5 working days.
- Access your MLS Account and click “View Assessment” to check if the RF (Reference Number) is already reflected on your EAF.
- To request for Referral Slip and settle your loan payment, kindly email email@example.com with the SUBJECT TITLE: SLP Payment for Semester 1, AY 2023-24. The Scholarships Unit will provide the loaned amount upon request. The bank or official receipt must also be sent to the Scholarships Unit to clear your record .*Schedule subject to change without prior notice.
Last updated: 10 May 2023
Office of Admissions and Scholarships (OAS)
2/F Henry Sy, Sr. Hall
De La Salle University
2401 Taft Avenue
1004 Manila, Philippines
(632) 523-4230 (Direct) or
(632) 524-4611 to 19 local 162
Note: Please remember that our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only. We do not directly associate with the organizations mentioned in the articles.
To prove the credibility of the information, At the end of each article, there are sources for you to verify the legitimacy of the content independently.
Keep Up to Date and Grow Your Potential – Join Our Community for Free Now! Discover Opportunities for Learning, Career Development, and Working Together. Join here: https://expertist.ph/
Source: De La Salle University