Are you looking for research opportunities to refine your research skills and implement them to solve real-world problems around you? If yes, a wonderful research opportunity is knocking at your door. The well-known World Academy of Sciences is currently accepting applications for postdoctoral research programs in collaboration with The Islamic Development Bank. Dynamic researchers from all over the world who want to gain international research experience are encouraged to apply for TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023. It encourages international promising young scientists from all backgrounds to carry out cutting-edge research at well-equipped laboratories.
Conducting scientific research can be quite expensive as it demands modern laboratories, heavy and advanced equipment, and a lot of setups, all of which entail a significant amount of money. If you are a passionate researcher who intends to give back to the community and is determined to solve actual problems, then you should check out this program. The good news about this research opportunity is that it is fully funded, so you won’t have to worry about any expenses.
This fully funded postdoc program is open to early-career researchers from the Islamic Development Bank’s (IsDB) 21 least-developed member countries. The fellowship funds research related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and provides applicants with advanced training in areas relevant to sustainability science. So, if you are having a doctoral degree and are willing to conduct impactful research in your relevant area, then this research opportunity is a perfect fit for you.
The World Academy of Sciences is based in Italy, and the organization has a partnership with The Islamic Development Bank to support young and innovative researchers who possess the ability to contribute to the world by carrying out modern research. Successful applicants will receive a stipend sufficient to cover their research expenses as well as their expenditures at the host institute for the total duration of their stay. To be eligible for this fully funded fellowship program, you must have a proven research background. The time is ticking away, so, what are you waiting for? Hurry up and grab this golden opportunity!
See Also: SM College Scholarship Program for SY 2023-2024
TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023
- Developing countries
- The World Academy of Sciences
Level of Degree
TWAS-IsDB Fellowship Program Duration
- For 3 months to 6 months
Age Limit for Program
- Applicants must not be older than 45 years.
Research Areas Covered by TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
– Advertisement –
The 2023 Postdoctoral Fellowship program funds research projects in the following areas:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Sustainable cities
- Responsible growth
- Waste management
- Population growth
- Green chemistry
- Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics
- Water and hygiene
Benefits of TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- Successful researchers will be getting a monthly stipend.
- Accommodation expenses of the selected candidates will be covered.
- Health insurance will also be provided.
- The food expenses of the candidates will be taken care of.
- A round-trip air ticket of more than 1000 US dollars will be given.
- More than 2600 US dollars will be provided to researchers for laboratory expenses during their research work.
Eligibility Criteria for TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- The candidates must have a doctoral degree in a relevant field.
- Candidates must choose a host institute located in a developing country.
- An acceptance letter from the supervisor is mandatory for this postdoc fellowship.
- Applicants should not be older than 45 years.
- Aspiring candidates must have a proven research experience of at least 5 years.
- In their home country, they must be employed at an institution.
- The applicants must be nationals and residents in one of the IsDB least developed member countries.
- The candidates should be presenting a detailed research plan after getting approval from their host supervisor.
Documents Needed to Apply for the Research Fellowship Program
- A photocopy of the passport
- Academic transcripts
- An acceptance letter
- A research proposal
- Language proficiency certificate (can be submitted later)
- A health certificate (not needed at the time of application)
- 2 reference letters
How to apply for TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023?
- Candidates need to submit an online application.
- Applicants need to create an account first.
- The link to the portal for the application can be found on the official website.
- Applicants must complete the electronic application before the last date of submission.
- Make sure to complete your application on time and upload all the relevant documents.
- Incomplete applications submitted after the deadline will not be entertained.
- The deadline for applying for this fellowship is 6 March 2023.
Source: The World Academy of Science