Suppose you are a woman from a low or middle-income country with a passion for STEM and a desire to advance your career. In that case, the British Council scholarships for women in STEM are an incredible opportunity you cannot afford to miss. The scholarship program aims to help address the gap of more female leaders in STEM that the world urgently needs. Pursuing a postgraduate degree in a STEM field at a UK university will equip you with the knowledge, skills, and networks needed to make a significant impact in your field and contribute to the development of your home country.
Furthermore, these scholarships are highly competitive, with only a few awards available each year.
If you apply, you can take advantage of this life-changing opportunity. So if you are serious about your career in STEM and want to take it to the next level, act now and submit your application before the deadline. Take advantage of this opportunity – apply today and take the first step towards a bright future in STEM!
Here’s some advice for applying to the British Council scholarships for women in STEM:
- Please read the guidelines carefully and follow them closely.
- Highlight your academic and leadership achievements, work experience, and extracurricular activities.
- Write a compelling personal statement that explains your passion for STEM and your goals for the scholarship.
- Get strong letters of recommendation from people who know you well and can speak to your abilities.
- Apply early to avoid stress and technical issues.
Remember, the competition is tough, so make sure you present yourself in the best possible way. Good luck with your application!
British Council scholarships
Each scholarship covers:
- Full tuition fees
- NHS health care surcharge
- Visa fees
- A monthly stipend for 12 months
- Return flight (economic fare).
- It also covers other related costs, including the IELTS exam fee and pre-sessional English course (if applicable). Additional funding is available if scholars have caring responsibilities.
See Also: CHED Merit Scholarship Program 2023-2024
To apply for a British Council Scholarship for Women in STEM, you must:
- Be a woman (cis-gendered or trans) or identify as non-binary
- Be a passport holder and permanent resident of Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, or Vietnam
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2023
- Meet the entry requirement for a postgraduate programme at Middlesex University by holding an undergraduate degree or equivalent (by the time you submit your application)
- Meet the English language requirement for your programme or pass the Pre-Sessional English Programme at Middlesex University
- Have not previously studied at a degree level or higher in the UK
- Have not recently lived in the UK
- Demonstrate a case for financial need
- Demonstrate your interest in the programme you are applying for and that you are active in your chosen field
- Agree to maintain contact with the British Council and act as an ambassador for the UK. This will mean taking part in activities, both during and after your studies in the UK. Any involvement in these activities during your studies will take up no more than five hours per term
- Demonstrate a passion for and an intention to engage other women and girls from your home country in STEM. This will need to be evident in your application
- Demonstrate that you are willing to contribute in the future to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from your degree at Middlesex.
The scholarships can be used by female students undertaking the following courses:
- Engineering Management MSc
- Robotics MSc
- Data Science MSc
- Intelligent Telecommunications Engineering
- Computer Science MSc
- Business Information Systems Management MSc
HOW TO APPLY
- Step 1: Apply to an MSc Course Here (if you haven’t done so already)
- Step 2: Submit an application form by using the online Scholarship Application Form, or Download the WORD Form
You must agree to your personal data being shared with the British Council, who will be jointly responsible with Middlesex University for allocating the scholarships.
Please email the team at STEMScholarships@mdx.ac.uk with ‘Women in STEM’ as the subject header if you have any questions.
In conclusion, the British Council scholarships for women in STEM are vital to achieving gender equality in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. By providing financial support, mentorship, and networking opportunities, these scholarships empower women to pursue their academic and professional goals and to make significant contributions to their fields.
Through this initiative, the British Council is investing in the education and careers of talented women and driving innovation and progress in STEM. Hopefully, these scholarships will continue to inspire and support future generations of women in STEM and ultimately lead to a more diverse and inclusive scientific community.
The deadline for applications is 23 April 2023. The interview is expected to take place between 3 -7 May 2023.
Keep Up to Date and Grow Your Potential – Join Our Community for Free Now! Discover Opportunities for Learning, Career Development, and Working Together. Join here: https://expertist.ph/
Source: Middlesex University London