Introduction of the UP College of Law Scholarship
The UP College of Law Scholarship Program provides a unique opportunity for students aspiring to study law at a top university in the Philippines.
It aims to support deserving students who have achieved academic success, show leadership potential, and have a strong commitment to justice.
The University of the Philippines College of Law has gained a well-deserved reputation for its unwavering dedication to academic excellence and public service.
Its distinguished alums encompass former Presidents, Vice Presidents, Senators, Speakers of the House, members of Congress, Supreme Court Justices, Cabinet Secretaries, respected academicians, and influential leaders in various realms of the legal profession.
Read Also: DOST Junior Level Science Scholarships 2023
Friendly Advice by the Philippine Scholar Editorial Team
Here are some friendly tips to help you
- Do Your Research
Take time to learn about UP College of Law, what they offer, and how to apply.
Understand what makes them unique and ensure you have all the necessary documents for your application.
- Focus on Grades
UP College of Law values good grades, so work hard in your classes, especially law-related subjects. Also, get involved in activities that show your commitment to learning and personal growth.
- Show Leadership Potential
Develop your leadership skills and demonstrate how you can make a positive impact.
Join clubs or organizations, volunteer, and take on responsibilities to show you can lead and contribute to your community.
- Care About Justice
Let your passion for justice shine through. Organize activities promoting fairness, human rights, or community service.
Show that you understand legal issues and how they affect society.
- Seek Advice
Contact current or former UP College of Law students, teachers, or lawyers for guidance.
They can give you valuable tips and share their experiences to help you prepare for the application process.
- Study for the Entrance Exam
UP College of Law requires an entrance exam. Get familiar with the test format and study accordingly.
Practice past exam questions to improve your chances of doing well.
- Write a Strong Personal Statement
Your statement is your chance to tell your story and explain why you want to study law at UP College of Law.
Be honest, highlight your achievements, and explain how the college aligns with your goals.
- Be Yourself
When applying, be true to who you are. Highlight your strengths and experiences that make you a good fit for UP College of Law. Don’t try to be someone you’re not.
- Meet Deadlines
Stay organized, and make sure to submit your application on time. Give yourself enough time to gather all the necessary documents, write essays, and get recommendations.
- Stay Positive
The application process can be challenging, but stay positive and believe in yourself.
Even if you don’t get in, there are other paths to pursue your legal dreams. Keep working hard and making a difference.
Remember, applying to UP College of Law is just the beginning.
Regardless of the outcome, keep pursuing your passion for law and finding ways to contribute to the legal field. Good luck!
UP College of Law Scholarship Program
Benefits of the UP College of Law Scholarship Program
For the First Semester of AY 2023-2024, a scholar may receive the following benefits:
- Full tuition and miscellaneous fees award.
- Internet & book allowance set at PhP 10,000.00.
- A monthly stipend for three to four months is set at PhP 10,000.00 per month.
These benefits support the scholar’s education and assist them during the specified period.
Requirements of the UP College of Law Scholarship
- Accomplished Application Form
- Letter of Intent detailing ALL the justifiable reasons why the applicant should be granted a scholarship. Justifiable reasons include any existing hardships that affect the applicant’s studies. Diversity (e.g., self-ascription as an LGBTQ+, member of an Indigenous Cultural Community/Indigenous Peoples, single parent) is also considered a factor.
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of the applicant (if employed), spouse (if married and spouse is employed), father & mother (if one or both are retired but still support the applicant, a letter from the parent/s detailing the pension received may suffice), and siblings (if all are working & financially supporting the applicant), or guardian.
- Photos of your home (on the front, the living room, kitchen, and applicant’s bedroom) and the following assets in your household:
- Laptop / Computer
- Washing Machine
Application requirements #2, #3, and #4 must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take note that background checks will be conducted in relation to the application.
Applications will be accepted from 1 July 2023 to 30 July 2023. Deadlines shall be strictly applied.
Notes: Please remember that our scholarship articles are for informational purposes only.
We do not directly associate with the organizations mentioned in the articles.
In order to prove the credibility of the information, At the end of each article there are sources for you to independently verify the legitimacy of the content.
Keep Up to Date and Grow Your Potential – Join Our Community for Free Now! Discover Opportunities for Learning, Career Development, and Working Together. Join here: https://expertist.ph/