The CHED Merit Scholarship Program (CMSP) is a government-funded scholarship aimed at supporting academically talented students, especially those who belong to the following special groups:
- Underprivileged and homeless citizens (RA 7279);
- Persons with Disability (RA 7277); and
- Solo parents and/or their dependents (RA 8371).
This scholarship is open for incoming freshmen who want to pursue their undergraduate studies in any CHED recognized priority programs in private higher education institutions (HEIs) or State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) and Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs).
A qualified student may be awarded a full or partial scholarship under the State Scholarship and Private Education Student Financial Assistance (PESFA). The financial assistance may cover tuition and other fees, as well as a monthly stipend for living expenses.
Overall, the CMSP is a valuable opportunity for promising Filipino students to pursue their higher education goals without having to worry about the financial burden.
Friendly Advice by Philippine Scholar Editorial Team
Here are some tips if you’re applying for the CHED Merit Scholarship Program:
- Check the requirements carefully and ensure that you meet them.
- Prepare the necessary documents ahead of time.
- Write a persuasive personal statement.
- Be ready for the competitive selection process, and practice your interview skills.
- Keep track of the deadlines and submit your application on time.
Remember, the CHED Merit Scholarship Program is an excellent opportunity to pursue your academic goals. So, prepare well, and best of luck!
Benefits and Privileges of the CHED Merit Scholarship
This scholarship program shall cover tuition and other school fees (TOSF), a stipend that shall be released directly to the scholars or through HEIs, and a book connectivity allowance per semester of a given academic year until the completion of the degree program.
|Program||Period||TOSF||Stipend||Book/ Connectivity Allowance||Total|
|Program||Period||TOSF||Stipend||Book/ Connectivity Allowance||Total|
See Also: DOST-SEI Scholarship: Master’s and Doctorate Degrees in AY 2023-2024!
Eligibility Requirements for CHED MERIT Scholarship
- Filipino citizen
- Graduating high school student/ High school graduate with general weighted average (GWA) of at least 96% for Full Merit Program and 93% to 95% or its equivalent for Half Merit Program
- Student-applicants belonging to the special group of persons such as the underprivileged and Homeless Citizens under Republic Act (RA) No. 7279, Persons with Disability (PWDs) under RA No. 7277 as amended, Solo Parents and/or their Dependents under RA 8371, shall submit certifications and/or Identification Cards (IDs) issued by the appropriate offices or agencies.
- Avail of only one government-funded financial assistance program.
Documentary Requirements for CHED MERIT Scholarship
- Citizenship: Certified true copy of Birth Certificate
- Academic Requirements:
- High school report card for incoming freshmen students eligible for college; and
- Duly certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and 1st semester of Grade 12 for graduating high school students
- Income Requirements (whichever is applicable)
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian;
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
- Certificate of Indigence either from their Barangay or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
- Case Study report from DSWD; and
- The latest copy of the contract or proof of income for the children of Overseas Filipino Workers and seafarers
- Other Requirement
- Identification Card (ID) – Special Group (Underprivileged or Homeless, PWD, Solo Parent, Senior Citizen, Indigenous People)
Application Procedure for CHED MERIT Scholarship
- Prepare the complete documentary requirements
- Scan the documentary requirements clearly.
- Send the application and documents ONLINE to your respective CHED Regional Office.
|CHEDRO I||CHEDRO V||CHEDRO IX||NCR|
|CHEDRO II||CHEDRO VI||CHEDRO X||CAR|
|CHEDRO III||CHEDRO VII||CHEDRO XI||CARAGA|
|CHEDRO IV||CHEDRO VIII||CHEDRO XII||MIMAROPA|
For inquiries, kindly contact your respective CHED Regional Office.
Conclusion for CHED MERIT Scholarship
In conclusion, the CHED Merit Scholarship Program (CMSP) is a highly competitive and prestigious scholarship that financially assists academically gifted students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in any field of study at any CHED-accredited college or university the Philippines. The selection process rigorously awards scholarships to only a few students each year. The program is open to underprivileged and homeless citizens, persons with disability, and solo parents and their dependents. It covers tuition, other fees, and a monthly stipend for living expenses.
The CMSP is an excellent opportunity for promising Filipino students to achieve their educational goals and pursue higher education without the financial burden.
CHED MERIT Scholarship Application Deadline
CHED Merit Scholarship Program for incoming first-year college students for AY 2023-2024 is now open. The deadline for submission is on May 31, 2023.
Keep Up to Date and Grow Your Potential – Join Our Community for Free Now! Discover Opportunities for Learning, Career Development, and Working Together. Join here: https://expertist.ph/
Source: Commission on Higher Education
16 thoughts on “Transform Your Future: CHED Merit Scholarship Program 2023-2024”
Pingback: CHED Merit Scholarship for AY 2023-2024 - Apply Online
I will apply for this scholarship,,because i need to support my studies,,,
I DO HOPE THAT I AM THE WHO CAN AVAIL THIS SCHOLARSHIP BECAUSE I NEED THIS TO FINISH MY STUDY… THANK YOU FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY.
I can join this scholarship
High School old curriculum are allowed or not,to this kind of opportunity of scholarship thank you po God bless.
I hope I’m one of the chosen ones. If I’m giving a chance to be a part of this scholarship. My utmost gratitude and respect.
I really want to finished my study. If you give me opportunity for our future and I will do my best and efforts.
I really need scholarship to survive and pursue my studies. I’m on my Junior year. Please help vawc victims!🙏
I cna appply this scholarship because my parents is solo parent,,and i need this opportunity.
I hope there is someone who want to help me how to apply because I want to finish my study to help my younger siblings because we are abandoned by our mother please someone help me.
Good day everyone my name is Angela layma can you help me how to avail this scholarship please.
I hope I am of those students who got the scholarship because I really need it in my college. My parents don’t have enough money financially so I can School to college
I need the scholarship for my studies if I improve because of the poverty right now. this scholarship will help me a lot I hope you can choose me I won’t waste everything if I improve my studies so that I can solve all the pro problem and get out of poverty.i can just finish .me I hope I can be selected for the extra allowance .I only work as a student .I am going to school myself.i hope can be selected for the scholarship .thank you from CHEd🥺♥️🙏🙏🙏 I’m in my first year college at PSU Brooke’s point University of Palawan Thank you and Godblessss po🥺♥️🙏🙏🙏